I include editing on this coaching website because the editing process is a team effort between the writer and editor, a synthesis of error correction and structural adaptation. As an editor, my objective is to, not only to support improvement of the particular piece I am editing, but also, to provide the “how” and “why” knowledge the writer needs to improve writing skills. Authors I work with often find their skills improving faster than through any other writing improvement effort.
When editing is requested, I will evaluate a sample of your writing to develop a project fee based on the requirements of the work. You may merely want basic proofreading for punctuation, spelling, and grammar. More often, writers ask for comprehensive editing to ensure inner consistency.
Payment is based on:
- per page/word
- per hour
- flat project fee
EDITING AND WRITING EXPERIENCE:
- Wrote articles about research in the University of South Florida College of Engineering which were published statewide and nationally.
- Published fiction, non-fiction, poetry and scripts.
- Wrote business plans and letters.
- Edited Master’s Theses and Doctoral Dissertations.
- Edited the fifth edition of Lucy V. Parker’s “How to Start a Home-Based Writing Business.”
- Edited and/or ghost wrote 7 books (fiction and nonfiction).
- Compiled and wrote over 300 bios for the USF College of the Arts.
- Wrote awards speech for the Indiana State Lieutenant Governor.
- Provided video scripting for Purdue University’s “Forte: Festival of the Arts” promotional video, which won the Philo T. Farnsworth Midwest Video Competition (Arts category)
- Scripted a video business journal for Custom Video Corporation.
For my writing history, see www.SandraKischuk.com.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON HOW PROFESSIONAL EDITING CAN IMPROVE YOUR WRITING —
send an e-mail to: Sandra@LivingBeyondLimits.com
or call 813.935.7760
between the hours of 9-4 EST.
LEARN THE BASICS OF EDITING:
I also teach a five-week, online, self-editing course, “The First Edit: Finding and Fixing Your Writing Errors,” at Coffee House For Writers, www.coffeehouseforwriters.com. The course is designed to teach you to identify common mistakes writers make and to be able to understand why these mistakes interfere with the power of your work.